Using the form – employees/apprentices
Use this form to advise an employer of your choice of super fund.
You must provide the required information so your employer can make contributions to your nominated super fund.
You can view and compare super fund products by using the YourSuper comparison tool.
Completing the form online
The pre-filled online form can be accessed through ATO online services via myGov.
Employees completing the form in our online services will need their:
- employer’s ABN
- employment type (for example, full time, part-time, casual)
- USI of the nominated super fund
- ABN.employer’s default super fund details, such as
Existing super funds and account details will be displayed in the form if you choose to nominate an existing super fund for employers to pay contributions to.
Employees will need to print the completed form summary and return this to their employer
About the downloadable form
The standard choice form has three sections:
- section A – the employee completes by providing details of their choice of super fund, together with supporting documents
- section B – the employer completes by providing details of their nominated super fund (before they give the form to an employee)
- section C – the employer completes to document the choice process for an employee.
Employers must retain the returned form as their record of the choice process. Completed forms must be retained for five years.
Section A: Employee to complete
If you choose your own super fund you will need to obtain current information from your fund to complete items 3 or 4.
Item 3: Nominating your APRA fund or RSA
Complete this item if you are nominating your own APRA fund (fund regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority) or a retirement savings account (RSA).
You must include USI provided by your fund.
You must attach a letter from the fund trustee or RSA provider confirming both the fund or RSA:
- is a complying fund or RSA
- will accept payments from your employer.
This letter may contain other information to help your employer make super contributions using SuperStream.
For further information, click here
Things you should know
- Your employer is not liable for the performance of the super fund you or they nominate.
- You should not seek financial advice from your employer unless they are licensed to provide it.
- You can change the fund your employer pays your super into at any time by filling out this form and returning it to your employer.
- Your employer is only required to accept one choice of fund from you in a 12-month period; however, they may accept more.
- Your employer has two months after you return this form to them to action your request.
- Any money you have in existing funds will remain there unless you arrange to transfer it (roll it over) to another fund – before you transfer your super, consider any impacts, including loss of insurance, fund performance or any fees or charges you may incur, If unsure, you may want to seek independent financial advice.
- If you quote your TFN to your employer for super purposes, they must provide it to the super fund.