What is PPE?
PPE is clothing or equipment designed to be worn by a worker to protect them from the risk of injury or illness.
It can include:
– Hearing protective devices, such as ear muffs and ear plugs
– Eye, face and head protection such as safety glasses, dust masks, face shields and hard hats
– Fall arrest harnesses for working at heights
– Skin protection, such as gloves and clothing, high visibility shirts & vests
– Footwear, such as safety boots
For more information on PPE, visit SafeWork Australia